California Spay and Neuter Clinic RFP
The City of Santa Ana is seeking proposals from experienced veterinarian clinics/organizations to administer and perform spay and neuter sterilization services. The City intends to award contract(s) for spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats belonging to low-income Santa Ana residents in either a mobile clinic or a veterinarian clinic.
Scope of Work
The City of Santa Ana, through the Animal Service Division, will help subsidize 50% of each of these surgeries by payments to the selected approved contractor(s). It will be the sole responsibility of the resident to pay the remaining amount of spay/neuter surgeries to the awarded Contractor.
However, the City reserves the right to update the eligibility map on an annual basis. These services are intended to encourage City all residents and non-profit organizations within the Eligibility Map to help reduce breeding of unwanted dog and cat litters resulting in a variety of residual effects in the community.
- Proposer must have at least five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years providing spay and neutering services.
- Also, Proposer must demonstrate the ability to display all licenses as prescribed by law.
- If utilizing a Mobile Clinic, Proposer must have a current Veterinary Premise License for the Mobile Clinic naming the Contractor’s veterinarian as the Managing Licensee, as required by the California Veterinary Medical Board.
- Additionally, the proposer must demonstrate that all veterinarians providing services under this Contract possess a current Veterinarian License as required by the California Veterinary Medical Board.
- Proposers must have a Controlled Substance Registration Certificate, as required by the U.S. Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Correspondingly, Proposer must have all other necessary permits to operate the Clinic(s), including current licenses from the Department of Consumer Affairs, and any other regulatory agencies requiring licensure.
View the full RFP on the City of Santa Ana website.
Lastly, the deadline to submit proposals is 4:00pm PsT on January 9, 2024.
Interested in Responding to this RFP?
Interested in responding to an RFP but not sure where to begin? The Bid Lab Team can help! Schedule a free consultation with us today, and let The Bid Lab create your next RFP win!