Goliad State Park Archeological Investigation RFP
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) archeological investigation RFP seeks proposals from cultural resource management firms to investigate 88 acres within Goliad State Park and Historic Site. This investigation will likely take place over several years and may involve several phases.
Goliad State Park and Historic Site encompasses 277 acres and is located near the city of Goliad in Goliad County. The Park was formed in 1931. It includes the ruins of several historic missions as well as numerous archeological sites containing historic and prehistoric components. In 2016, the 88-acre Kelly Tract was acquired for the Park, with the aim of conserving and enhancing the cultural and natural resources of the site. Based on preliminary data, the Kelly Tract has the potential to contain:
- Archeological sites/components from any period in history, including the Spanish Colonial Era and Texas Revolution
- A historic road and river crossing
- A massacre site from the Fannin/Goliad Massacre of 1836 during the Texas Revolution
Interested firms should note that this investigation will involve extensive documentary research, informant interviews, and archeological fieldwork and analysis to address the following research questions:
- What were the environmental conditions and land-use patterns spanning the Pre-Clovis/Paleoindian Period though the present? And how did the landscape change through time via both natural and cultural influences?
- What evidence is there of a historic road and river crossing, and during what time periods were they in use?
- What evidence is there that one of the Fannin Massacre sites is located on or very near this property?
- Overall, what cultural resources exist on this property and what’s the significance of each?
Important Submission Information
Proposal submissions must be no later than Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM CT.
Moreover, the selected contractor will need to procure and maintain specified minimum amounts of workers’ compensation, employer’s liability, commercial general liability and automobile liability insurance during the entire period of the contract. The initial contract term will begin on the date of award and continue through August 31, 2024. To see additional required qualifications and experience, view the complete RFP here.
Interested in Responding to This RFP?
Is your business ready to start digging into this archeological investigation RFP? But, you’re not sure that you meet all the detailed requirements? Or, maybe you’re new to bidding on public sector projects and need some guidance through the process? No worries, The Bid Lab has you covered! Our expert Bid Manager team will help you comb through this 61-page RFP to make sure your business’s proposal successfully speaks to each of the specified criteria. Working as an extension of your internal team, we’ll ensure your response is not only compliant but also helps convey each and every one of your business’s unique capabilities. No need to let this RFP bury you in the details, we can shine a light on the path to contract success! So, schedule a free consultation with our bid consultants today. Or, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-844-4BIDLAB.