National Park Service Concession Business Opportunity RFP
The National Park Service (NPS) is offering a concession business opportunity RFP to provide required canoe and tube rental with shuttle service, camp store and retail merchandise sales, and firewood sales in Ozark National Scenic Riverways. The selected concessioner will provide these services in the first national park to protect a river system in the country. The Riverways offer over 134 miles of rivers as well as many caves, springs and over 12,000 years of human history.
Warm summers and mild winters permit year-round recreation in the Riverways. In addition, they provide excellent opportunities for a range of activities including canoeing, floating, swimming, fishing and jonboating. Other recreational possibilities include camping, picnicking, sightseeing, hiking and horseback riding.
The draft contract term for this RFP is 10 years, with the first full year of operations starting in 2023. The projected range of gross receipts for this concession opportunity is between $220,600 and $298,700. In addition, the RFP details five (5) principal selection factors that will be the basis for evaluating proposals:
- Offerors must describe how they will protect, conserve and preserve the resources of the NPS through maintenance of the concession facilities.
- They must describe how they will provide a memorable, high-quality and safe visitor experience.
- Proposals must describe the offeror’s organizational structure. They must also include documentation to help the NPS understand the offeror and their relationship to other entities.
- Offerors must provide documentation demonstrating their financial capability to commence and carry on operations under the draft contract.
- They must provide the franchise fee they will pay on gross receipts generated under the draft contract. The minimum franchise fee is 5% of gross receipts.
Important Submission Information
The NPS will lead a site visit on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. However, attendance is not required in order to submit a proposal. Proposals for this concession business opportunity must be submitted no later than Friday, July 22, 2022 at 4:00 PM CT.
Moreover, the selected concessioner will be responsible for estimating and providing the initial investment necessary to begin operating the business. The NPS projects this total estimated initial investment at $256,395. For a detailed market overview and other eligibility requirements, view the complete RFP and additional details here.
Interested in Responding to This RFP?
Is your business ready to provide these services for the National Park Service concession business opportunity RFP in this historic location, but you’re new to government bidding? Perhaps you haven’t yet registered on SAM.gov, a requirement to bid on this project? No problem, The Bid Lab is here to help! We’ll guide you through the entire RFP experience, crossing every ‘t’ and dotting every ‘i’ to make sure your proposal successfully addresses all of the principal selection criteria. Our expert team will ensure your response is both compliant and compelling, even if it’s your first experience with public sector procurement. We guarantee smooth sailing from start to finish! So, schedule a free consultation with our bid consultants today. Or, contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-844-4BIDLAB.