Project Excellence Program RFP
The New York City Department of Design and Construction (DDC) is seeking fifteen (15) firms to provide construction management services under the agency’s Project Excellence Program. The firms will be in charge of the construction of municipal public buildings located across the five boroughs of New York City.
To download the RFP and view details, please visit: NYC DDC Project Excellence Program RFP
Thomas Foley, DDC’s Deputy Commissioner for Public Buildings said, “Building professionals who want to make a difference are strongly encouraged to respond to our RFP and help build the next generation of great public buildings.”
The DDC requires firms be able to:
- Provide comprehensive construction management services,
- Partial construction management services, or
- Consulting services necessary and required for the Project, in accordance with Task Orders issued by the Commissioner.
The DDC is the primary capital construction project manager that builds many of the civic facilities that New Yorkers use every day. The projects are the lifelines of each community as they are firehouses, libraries, police precincts, courthouses, senior centers, and more. Furthermore, the DDC works with engineers to construct sidewalks, water mains, sewers, and pedestrian ramps across the five boroughs.
Intending to enter into “Requirement Contracts”, fifteen firms will enter into one of the following three (3) categories with the DDC that include either:
- Small Projects: up to five (5) qualified construction management firms for various projects with an estimated construction cost up to $10,000,000;
- Medium Projects: up to five (5) qualified construction management firms for various projects with an estimated construction cost above $10,000,000 and up to $50,000,000;
- Large Projects: up to five (5) qualified construction management firms for various projects with an estimated construction cost above $50,000,000.
The DDC highly encourages participation in the Project Excellence Program by Minority-and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) and sets significant requirements for M/WBE participation in its projects. To learn more about how eligible firms can become certified as an M/WBE, please visit Certify With the City.
Important RFP Information
All proposals are due no later than Friday, September 24th, 2021.
To begin with all firms intending to do business with the City must complete an online disclosure process to be considered for a contract. Then, proposers must create online accounts in the Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort) and file all disclosure information. It is important to note, the DDC will not accept paper submissions in lieu of complete online filings.
Please visit the PassPort page for the DEPARTMENT OF DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION to view and download the full RFP details.
Want to know more about this RFP?
Finally, The Bid Lab has helped hundreds of clients respond to construction management RFPs, just like this! We gladly help firms, of all sizes, highlight your services to stand out against the competition. We will further guide your firm through the entire response process to ensure your proposal is totally compliant for submission. So, give us a call schedule a free consultation with our bid experts at 1-844-4BIDLAB. Then again, if you prefer email, reach out at respond@TheBidLab.com to see how we can make your experience a positive one.