Proposal + Sourcing Manager
A full-time position with a base salary of $60,000 with bonus, benefits and commission opportunities of $10,000 – $20,000 as annual compensation.
The Proposal and Sourcing Manager collaborates with our clients to strategically guide them through the bidding process from beginning to end. The role requires the Manager to actively communicate with our clients in order to successfully drive their RFP responses. Furthermore, the Manager will guide organizations in sourcing vendors via our Bid Builder process, an exciting way to work on both sides of the procurement process. The Manager is supported by a team of compliance specialists, writers, editors and designers, and is ultimately responsible for submitting a responsive bid, on time. This means a high degree of managerial proficiency is required to be successful in this role.
The Manager will be responsible for completing any and all federal bidding opportunities for our clients as their needs arise, so expertise in the federal bidding process is critical for success. The Manager should be able to walk clients through any and all facets of the federal bidding process, including SAM, DUNs and CAGE registrations, federal RFPs, RFIs, sources sought, unsolicited proposals, as well as the federal awards process. You’ll also work on some state- and local-level bids across industries. The ability to navigate through the federal grants and GSA process is also preferred, so please mention this expertise in an interview should you be invited. Certification with AMPM and/or Shipley is viewed favorably but not required.
Our company culture is centered around being a positive force in the procurement industry and it’s essential that the Procurement and Sourcing Project Manager is committed to our company’s mission of assisting in the growth of small and medium-sized businesses around the country.
Unlike other procurement and project management positions, The Bid Lab provides a bonus structure that accounts for both a) the volume of bids submitted, and b) the number of winning submissions.
- Managing a substantial number of proposals for clients
- Guiding clients in sourcing vendors through the bidding process
- Successfully completing federal bidding opportunities for clients and walking them through all facets of federal procurement
- Developing substantive and persuasive responses to unique or challenging proposal questions while maintaining compliance with policy
- Reviewing bid requests in detail, noting all response requirement deficiencies
- Coordinating and working closely with clients to accommodate their schedules
- Tracking gaps in the proposal and working with clients and our internal writers to complete content creation
- Creating a project management timeline for completion
- Working diligently to meet deadlines
- Communicating efficiently with the Bid Manager and Bid Builder teams
- Drafting compelling content for clients
- Managing multiple projects and schedules simultaneously
- Researching bid-specific, client-specific or industry-specific information
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position, with federal bidding knowledge required
- Proficiency with RFPs is required
- Ability to successfully work in a remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite of Workspace apps
- Deadline-driven work ethic
- Diverse industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Sense of humor is a plus!
Flexible schedule: We work around our clients. What does that mean for you? If there’s a deadline tomorrow, you’re expected to roll up your sleeves. If not, go out for lunch with your partner or head to the gym!
Remote by design: Being a remote company before the pandemic means that we have the infrastructure in place for seamless transitions. As part of our team, you have the opportunity for a remote career, not a temporarily remote job.
Health Insurance: We offer nationwide health plans to all employees at The Bid Lab. Rest easy knowing you have the power to choose the best option for you and your family.
401 (k): Unfortunately, we all get old one day. The Bid Lab wants to ensure you have the funds you need to kick back and relax when retirement comes knocking on your door. Start putting away money now with TBL’s Retirement Savings Plan.
Smart casual dress: While we’ll definitely have TBL swag headed your way, all employees are expected to look fresh and ready to put their best professional foot forward for all video calls. If you’re sitting at your desk, your bottoms, your choice.
Positive work environment: Company culture can make or break a job. Being a TBL team member means you’re an ambitious self starter who’s ready to grow with our company.
Wellness Benefit: Healthy people are happier. That’s why TBL is committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Whether you prefer hitting the treadmill or working out your frustration with a deep-tissue massage, use your monthly wellness credit to take care of your mind, body and soul.
Mentorship Program: Learn from the best, aka each other! Gone are the days of formal meetups and forced interactions. At TBL, we match you up by goals and personality to ensure you’re getting the most out of every interaction.